Instant Ramen…With a Twist
Instant Ramen…With a TwistCourse: Asian-Mexican FusionCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 bag of instant ramen (the brand doesn’t matter, choose your favorite!)
1/4 chopped yellow onion
Kaffir Lime Leaves
Serrano Red Peppers
3 Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Stir-fry chopped yellow onion in a pan with around 3 serrano red peppers (or more, depending on your preferred spice level) for around five minutes
- Cook instant ramen as your normally would, but don’t add the flavor packet yet
- Add kaffir lime leaves into the soup to give it a slight citrusy taste
- Add the stir-fried red pepper, yellow onion, and the flavor packet into the soup
- Fry an egg on a separate pan and add to the soup.
- Top it off with cilantro, green onion, and a little big of lemon juice
- Stir-fry Instant Noodles
- If you’d like a stir fry option for these noodles, look no further!
- Stir fry the chopped yellow onion, sesame oil, and minced garlic in a pan for 3-5 minutes, or however long it takes for the onion to get sufficiently browned
- At the same time, place your instant noodle in a pot of hot water and cook the noodles
- Add chili sauce to the pan at whatever spice level you’d like it to be. Also add red peppers and the soy sauce to the pan
- Immediately after adding the soy sauce, place the cooked instant noodles in the pan (without any of the water). Mix everything together in the pan
- If you’d like, you could also add some of the flavor bag that came with the instant noodle. Don’t add all of it, just some.
- Once all the flavors are to your liking, top if off with a fried egg and some green onion